Ven a mis Brazos was one of the original 10 American Tangos composed for the CD release, Torbellino in 1997. Since then, it has enjoyed numerous arrangements in the Caliendo World Music Publishing Tango Americano collection.
One of them is for four flutes – 3 C flutes and piccolo. Mahfrin Santoke, an MFA graduate at the Cole Conservatory of Music in Cal State Long Beach, chose to record all 4 parts herself.
- In my interview with Mahfrin we discussed:
- the origins of Ven a mis Brazos and the American Tango
- how it evolved to be one of the flute/guitar collections as recorded by flutist, Sheridon Stokes,
- the technology used by Mahfrin to record the publication
- her love of ethnic music,
- the pros and cons of performing ethnic music as a classical musician
- where she sees herself 10 years from now
Click here to order SHEET MUSIC.
Please join my FB Group: MUSIC DEGREE REVIVAL
To join our YOUTUBE CHANNEL and access hundreds of our performances.
To watch our FREE WEBINAR on How to Gain Financial Stability with a Music Degree in as little as 8 Weeks Without having to go back to College to Earn a Business or Finance Degree.